Green sauce: homemade is best!
Salsa Verde: homemade is best.
- 200 g parsley leaves
- 60 g mixed pickled vegetables
- 1 egg
- 2 anchovies in oil
- 100 g stale bread crumbs soaked in vinegar and squeezed
- to taste salt
- Extra virgin olive oil Il Casolare
- Place the parsley leaves on a cutting board after washing and drying them carefully.
- Add your pickles (pepper, gherkin, carrot and onion).
- Drain two anchovies in oil, soak 100 g of breadcrumbs in vinegar then squeeze them. Add to the mix together with half a hard-boiled egg.
- Finely chop everything
- Move to a bowl
- Season with salt and dilute with extra virgin olive oil
Parsley and olive oil are the main ingredients of our recipe.The green sauce contains several ingredients.The main one is parsley, which of course needs to be very fresh:
- the color of its leaves should be deep green
- the leaves should not be wilted
- ... or have yellowish edges
Green sauce: how to chop itThe green sauce ingredients should not be blended or mixed. There are several reasons for this:
- The sauce should retain a somewhat firm texture, and not become mush.
- The heat released by food processors alters the organoleptic properties of the ingredients.
- Metal blades oxidize parsley, which will take on an unpleasant dark color and a slightly metallic taste.