Roasted peppers: how to make them delicious and digestible to everybody
Roasted peppers: how to make them delicious and digestible
- 4 red peppers
- 4 yellow peppers
- coarse salt
- Extra Virgin Olive Oill Farchioni PDO Umbria Colli Martani
- toasted bread
- Carefully rinse the peppers in cold water and pat them dry.
- Place them on a sizzling grill or plate: they will char and their skin will be easily removed.
- Once they are charred on all sides, place them in a bowl, sprinkle some coarse salt and cover them with a towel.
- After one hour peel the skin off.
- Remove the seeds, cut the peppers into strips and dress with extra virgin olive oil.
- Top your bread slices with the peppers.
Roasted peppers: which ones are best?Choosing peppers for their color is not just a matter of which one looks best: peppers take on different colors depending on the time of harvest and their degree of ripeness. As they ripen their color turns from green to yellow and becomes red when they are fully ripe. Green peppers are not very sweet and have a slightly bitter aftertaste, yellow peppers are pleasantly sweet but retain hints of acidity, and red peppers are the sweetest of all. For our recipe, we advise you to buy yellow and red peppers. After roasting, together they will provide the right balance of flavors to your dish. When you select your peppers remember the following:
- Their skin should be smooth and firm, without any spots.
- They should be bright and shiny.
- When held, they should feel nicely full-bodied.