Rocket pesto bruschetta: a simple and delicious recipe
Rocket pesto bruschetta: a simple and delicious recipe.
- 4 slices of bread
- 100 gr Rocket leaves
- 40 gr Parmigiano Reggiano Grated
- 30 gr Pine nuts
- to taste Extra virgin olive oil Il Casolare
- to taste Salt
- Thoroughly wash and dry the rocket
- Chop it with a sharp knife.
- Add pine nuts and keep chopping
- Put the mixture into a bowl, add grated Parmigiano Reggiano and salt, then stir.
- Gradually add the Farchioni DOP UMBRIA olive oil until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Toast bread slices on both sides on a non-stick pan.
- Spread the rocket pesto on the toast, and serve.
Rocket pesto: let's prepare it togetherEverybody knows about basil pesto… but very few people have ever tasted rocket pesto. Its taste is peculiar, bitter, slightly spicy: perfect for an unusual bruschetta. Of course, the first thing you need is the best fresh rocket. When you make your choice:
- Make sure that the leaves are crisp, nicely green, with well-defined edges.
- Pick smaller leaves, as larger ones may be too bitter.
- If you do not plan to use the rocket immediately, try to buy a bunch with roots. If you wrap it in damp paper it will last longer (keep it in the refrigerator’s vegetable compartment).
Rocket pesto: preparation tips.For this recipe to be 100% successful, you need to use the right ingredients and the correct method.
- We advise against using a blender to chop the rocket and pine nuts. The heat it yields would oxidize the delicate leaves of the rocket, and turn them dark
- Arm yourself with a little patience and chop everything up with a knife.
- If you really want to use a blender, do it at minimum speed, turning it on for a few seconds, then stopping and starting it again: this will reduce the heat.