Chickpea salad: let’s turn it into a poké
Chickpea salad: let's turn it into a poké
Fresh, colorful and delicious: this is poké-style chickpea salad.
- 100 g Chickpeas in a jar
- 100 g Green beans in a jar
- 100 g Lentils in a jar
- 100 g Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Sweet potato
- To taste Cashews
- To taste Fresh mint
- To taste Salt
- To taste Pepper
- To taste Turmeric
- To taste Curry
- To taste Extra virgin olive oil
- Drain the chickpeas, rinse them and remove the outer skin by running them between your thumb and forefinger.
- Put them in a bowl and season with extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and turmeric.
- Use a spoon to mix.
- Rinse the sweet potato.
- Peel it, put it in a pot of cold water with a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Let it cool and cut it into slices.
- Drain the green beans, cut them in half, julienne the carrot and add both ingredients to the bowl, with extra virgin olive oil.
- Drain the lentils then add extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of curry.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half then add oil and salt.
- Serve all the ingredients in a large bowl keeping them separate.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and garnish with fresh mint leaves and some cashew nuts.
During the summer, nothing is better than a light and colorful dish reminiscent of poké. Here is the recipe for a fresh and original chickpea salad.