Spaghetti with fresh tomato: here’s the recipe!
Spaghetti with fresh tomato: here's the recipe!
- 350 gr Spaghetti
- 400 gr Tomatoes
- 10 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Il Casolare Farchioni
- 6 leaves Basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- to taste Salt
- Cut the tomatoes into wedges.
- Bring water to a boil and add salt.
- Sauté 2 cloves of garlic in Il Casolare oil then add the tomatoes and basil.
- Cook the spaghetti.
- Drain the spaghetti and stir-fry it in the sauce.
Spaghetti with fresh tomato: what are the right ingredients?When you have just a few ingredients in a dish, these must be of the best quality.
Extra virgin olive oil: we selected Il Casolare Farchioni extra virgin olive oil, obtained from a variety of olives whose organoleptic qualities remain unaltered over time, and whose balanced aroma and fruity taste enhance the genuine flavor of our recipe. Tomatoes? They should be red and very fresh:
- Taut and shiny skin
- No indentation
- Hard, bright green stem.
- Strong flavor
Spaghetti: cook it properly!Spaghetti, together with extra virgin olive oil and tomato, is the main ingredient of this dish, which should be prepared according to a few simple but essential rules:
- Use a large and tall pot that will give pasta all the room it needs to cook without getting sticky.
- One hectogram of spaghetti requires at least 1 liter of water: a large amount of water will yield the constant temperature that pasta needs to cook properly.
- Add salt only after water has come to a boil, as salt slows down boiling time.
- Once the salt has dissolved, place the spaghetti into the pot and slightly raise the flame, then keep stirring for the first few minutes to prevent any sticking.
- Remove the spaghetti from heat about 2 minutes before the time suggested on the package, as you will complete the cooking by stir-frying them with the fresh tomato sauce.